Niki South Student number: 514516
REFLECTIONS ON FORMATIVE FEEDBACK
“THE HIDDEN ME”
- The “bold” concept
- My communication
- The images chosen for the concept
- Use of the square format for the images
- The research and commitment to the subject
AREAS FOR DEVELOPMENT
These were technical as I had expected: in my self-reflection I had said that I was pleased with my images as concepts but knew that they could be technically improved:
- Lighting: experiment with diffusers, bouncing the light, reflectors and sources such as soft boxes.
- Be aware of shadows and reflections and how to overcome them
- Consider the colour balance, the peacemaker has a slightly yellow hue
MY LEARNING POINTS
- Consider the type of lighting that is best for the subject, whether it should be direct or soft for instance.
- Be alert to colour balance
- Continue to make use of a variety of formats for effect
- Continue to compose with some ambiguity
- Continue the use of sketches pre shooting
- Reshoot “The Peacemaker” in a purer, softer light.
- Reprocess “The organiser” to improve the colour balance
Link to learning log: https://nkssite2.wordpress.com/category/a3-learning-log/
These mind maps summarise the narrative of my brainstorming, preparations and post shooting thoughts contained in the learning log.
Notes on reshooting “The peacemaker”:
I recreated the same composition as in my draft shoot but experimented with the lighting. Before shooting I set up the shot in various locations with daylight from different positions. Having found the best location for light and minimal reflection I then shot the first 4 images without flash, the next 5 with a speed lite and then decided to shoot with only natural light.