Student number: 514516 Nicola South
A Picture is worth a thousand words
REFLECTIONS AGAINST ASSESSMENT CRITERIA
Demonstration of technical and visual skills:
- I spent much time reading around the technical, and semantic terms it was necessary to understand for this assignment- I believe that I understand them and have demonstrated this.
- I tested my visual awareness and observational skills when learning how to read photographs and when reading my chosen photograph.
- I would guess that the compositional skill needed in this assignment are in the pulling together all of these thoughts and material in a coherent manner
- I am sure that I should continue to read widely to broaden my knowledge of these areas
- It will be very interesting to use these enhanced skills when I visit my next exhibition. I am sure the exhibition notes that I wrote in this part of my coursework would have been much shaper if I’d viewed it before working through this section of the course.
Quality of outcome:
- I hope the content is both broad and relevant.
- I believe I have applied the learning from the exercises and coursework whilst shaping and writing the essay and been discerning in my choice of material.
- I trust that I have communicated my concepts clearly.
Demonstration of creativity
- My imagination was needed both when choosing the photograph for the assignment and when reading the photograph, as ultimately there are assumptions to be made.
- I believe that my interpretation of the photograph was original and unique and this was shaped from thinking laterally around the evidence and being imaginative.
- I hope that my Personal voice is beginning to show in my analysis of the photograph.
- I spent a lot of time researching the background before I began to draft the essay and have published a summary this research on my learning log.
- I believe that the critical thinking and reflection that I did on this image shows in my analysis of the photograph.
- I did talk to others about the image, non- photographers which was useful, however it may have also been useful to talk to my peers about my ideas. I have just joined an OCA photography group who meet monthly and this will add to my reflective process.