Nicola South Student number: 514516
TUTOR REPORT: Tutor report OCA Niki South 514516 Ass 4
MY REFLECTIONS ON FORMATIVE FEEDBACK
- Extensive research.
- Powerful analysis.
- Use of a personal connection.
- The image chosen for the essay.
AREAS FOR DEVELOPMENT
- Include more on the composition, my thoughts about it.
- My tutor suggests that I could have mentioned the way the eye is directed to the main subject, and that I should comment on the light hitting Ghandi’s head spiritually; however re-reading my essay confirms that I have written about the way the viewer’s eye is drawn across the image, and described the “daylight alighting mystically on Gandhi’s head”. I think unfortunately he must have missed these comments, although I accept that I may not have been obvious enough about how this directs the eye to Gandhi. I could have been more explicit however about the image following the rule of thirds.
MY LEARNING POINTS
- Remember to consider and comment on whether and how an image could be improved when analysing and reading a photograph.
- To use my learning from this part of the course on reading photographs as I go forward.
- As my tutor suggest to carry on learning from “the greats” to take my own practice forwards.
POST FEEDBACK ACTIONS
- Reread the essay, to check whether any changes are needed, though my Tutor suggests I should submit it as it is. Having done so I concluded that I should submit as it is, especially as I found that I have covered the composition points he mentions apart from the rule of thirds (I thought to go back and insert this but decided it would be rather obvious!).
Link to learning log: https://wordpress.com/post/nkssite2.wordpress.com/1917
This mind map summarises the narrative of my brainstorming for the image: https://wordpress.com/post/nkssite2.wordpress.com/2079